Since the beginning of the week we've finished the construction of the chain used to elevate the ball from the base of the robot to the top. Our next goal is the flywheel launcher which will hopefully allow us to project the balls on the course towards the flags to score a point. guide rails on the bottom of the base we're also added in order to guide the balls collected into the vertical conveyor belt. Tha's about the end of this week.
Monday, August 27, 2018
We've changed the plan for the robot in terms of the launcher. Instead of the previous launcher we now plan to use a method found in solidworks mock up of the competition. A rail facing towards the front with motors and wheels the spinning and launching the balls when lifted up by the vertical conveyor belt. We' re working on this plan right now starting with the conveyor belt then moving on to the launcher.
Thursday, August 23, 2018
This week we finished the base of the robot as well as begun to configure a mechanism primarily used to eject the balls within the the arena toward the red and blue flags. The idea might change over time, but for now, the plan is to use a chain track in order to force the balls vertically up the robot and toward wheels above it in order to launch them toward the flags. This can hopefully be done and tested by the end of next week or so.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
The beginning of this second week has been productive so far. We have almost finished mounting the wheels of base to the frame of the robot, nearly going over the perimeter limit of the competition rules. We've decided to use two three wheel drive trains, across the edges of the base.
We have now accomplished all parts of the challenge. Our first official try of the midterm challenge we achieved a score of 70% while our se...
This week we finished the base of the robot as well as begun to configure a mechanism primarily used to eject the balls within the the arena...
The end of the week is here and were practicing the challenge manually within the arena. Once we have the manual maneuvers down we'll ne...
This week we mostly worked on finishing the solid works model needed to represent the robot we've built in the last few weeks (seen belo...