In the beginning of this week, we have resumed rebuilding the design of the robot from the base. This has resulted in the re-positioning the launcher to the middle of the robot from the left side in order to make room for the arm we are planning to build. After we've cleared some room we'll mount the launcher in the middle. After this is done the arm will be built around this in order to pick up and place caps.
Friday, October 26, 2018
At the beginning of this week we dismantled the robot down to the base in order to start a new design for this next challenge. We've decided to use this new design to sweep up the balls in the arena, feeding them immediately into the launcher mounted behind it. This will allow us to launch the ball at the same relative angle as before as well as reduce the area of the robot needed in order to feed the launcher the ball. This extra space will allow us to use it for the arm mechanism needed to move the caps within the arena and put them on the flags on the perimeter.
Monday, October 22, 2018
The beginning of this week has been productive in our pursuit towards a new robot design. This path starts with the dismantling of the original design. The robot has been striped down to the base (Depicted Below) and will be built back up within the next week or so. After this is done, well be able to complete the third challenge.
Friday, October 19, 2018
This weeks work has been mostly ideas and less execution, about the many ways to build the arm to our robot. The arm we need to build will need to be lift up the caps within the arena as well as be able to place them on top of the poles surrounding the perimeter of the arena. We will most likely end up scrapping the design used for the previous challenge and replacing it with one which will accomplish both challenges including the flags and caps.
Monday, October 15, 2018
The beginning of this week has been spent in thought. Mainly of what we need to accomplish in order to finish the next vex challenge. One of these tasks includes the assembly of an arm capable of picking up the caps within the arena as well as rotating and placing them onto the poles on the edge of the competition area. Once the idea is thought through the arm will be built and placed on the robot hopefully within the next week or so.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
This week we mostly worked on finishing the solid works model needed to represent the robot we've built in the last few weeks (seen below). This has been a chore all week because of complications within solid works. This will hopefully be fixed within the day or at least by next week.
The plan this week is to begin the process of building the arm needed for the next challenge due this Friday. So far, this is yet to be started, but will hopefully be functional by the end of this week. After the arm is built and attached to the robot, we will begin trying to to accomplish the challenge.
Friday, October 5, 2018
This week we worked on getting an official trial done to finish the challenge. The shooter, at times, seems finicky which effects the accuracy of the robot and its ability to hit the two high flags. Although, we did finish this second challenge on Tuesday of this week. Now that we've finished this challenge, we will need to move on to the next one. This next challenge entails hitting a high flag as well as planting a cap on one of the poles in the arena. Both of these objectives must be completed within one minute and is to be done by October 12.
Monday, October 1, 2018
We have done the challenge in practice and finished the robot and we are just fixing it to see what we can do better. Our robot is pretty good and is complete we just have to work out the kinks to get it running perfect. Still testing out the robot on the 2nd challenge and have not yet completed hitting a flag on an official trial.
We have now accomplished all parts of the challenge. Our first official try of the midterm challenge we achieved a score of 70% while our se...
This week we finished the base of the robot as well as begun to configure a mechanism primarily used to eject the balls within the the arena...
The end of the week is here and were practicing the challenge manually within the arena. Once we have the manual maneuvers down we'll ne...
This week we mostly worked on finishing the solid works model needed to represent the robot we've built in the last few weeks (seen belo...